Friday, September 28, 2007

Jesus or Money?

I had to share this. . .Evan is sitting by me at the computer playing quietly with his piggy bank (he likes to take all the coins out and put them back in one at a time). Just a second ago he turned to me with three pennies in his hand, one was heads up, the others were tails up. He then says to me, "Would you like Jesus or money?" He thought that Abraham Lincoln was Jesus! I chuckled at first, but his question made me think. . .how many times do we choose something worldly, or "money", over something more worth while? I guess, in his own little way, without knowing it, Evan was reminding me that we need to choose Jesus first in our lives. I love the innocence of little children! : )

3 comments:

Jim Tiff and Kidlets said...

Just got caught up on all your blog entries. Love them!! What an adorable family you have and we love you all so much. Isn't it so fun to see your kids interact with one another? You'll love it even more as Dillon gets older- what a joy to see them together- such handsome boys!

Deborah Luty Ellis (Debbie) said...

Couldn't love them more!

malia said...

That is the cutest little story. Kids are amazing at reminding us what really matters the most. I love it.