Friday, September 21, 2007

Calf Creek Falls

I'm a little behind but I recently took a trip with the boys in the family to Boulder, UT (which, by the way, is directly west of Boulder, CO) ; -)
Just after dinner on the first night we took a short ride through a gorgeous canyon. We ran across a short slot canyon and ventured in to take a look. It was too dark for some decent pictures but we have some great memories of Jim nearly being decapitated by a bat! I have no proof but I swear he screamed like a little girl. Near the opening to the slot canyon we found some cool rock formations that were kind of like swiss cheese. I like swiss cheese so I decided to dive right in. Notice my sexy chicken legs!!



The sun was just beginning to set which made for some great photos. When we got back to the motel we relaxed and watched some TV from one of the three very fuzzy channels. Sam and I slept well, but I can't say the same for Jim. He slept next to the snoring wonder.

The next morning we headed out for the events of the day .
The hike was nice and there were some cool sights along the way.

Dad is always ready to take some pictures.

When you get to the falls it seems to come out of nowhere. The mist coming off of the falls felt great after the hike. (by the way, no professionals took any of the pictures posted here) Also out of nowhere there appeared this cool sand formation.

Later that day we took a short hike to find some petrified wood. Dad and the wood got along well as they swapped stories about the dinosaurs. Jim was also able to become one with nature.











At the end of the day I was able to hold up this huge rock to save the lives of the rest of the group.
All and all we had a great time! Thanks to Dad for planning such a great trip. Can't wait for next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You held up that big rock to save the group eh? So what is the post with the number two on it for? Let me guess, in the pamphlet about the area it says that the rock may look big but weighs only two pounds. Way to be tough Ben. Nice pics.

Jim Tiff and Kidlets said...

Wait a minute! Those are not your pictures. The guy in the blue and white shorts and then cowboy hat is a professional model. Nice try guys.