
I need some advice from all you Mom's out there...the past few days I have really been struggling with something. I am not ready for Dillon to
not be my baby. He is still so little and precious and cute and cuddly...I am not ready to have to tell him that I can't hold him or snuggle with him because I'm feeding the baby or changing the baby or whatever. Don't misunderstand...I am so excited to bring this new little baby into this world, but I am just so unsure. Evan was almost three years old when Dillon was born and was very independent. He didn't want to cuddle like Dillon does and was very adamant about doing things for himself, so I didn't really have to deal with this. Dillon will not even be two years old when Kaylie is born and I am so not ready!!! Anyone have any suggestions? I know that, ready or not, this baby is coming and I will have to accept that Dillon just isn't going to be my baby anymore...but if anyone can help me make the transition easier for him (and me) I would love the advice!

Now, just a silly random thing that Evan said that I wanted to record before I forget. Our dinner conversation tonight went as follows:
Evan- Mom, can we make Jesus?
Me- Do you mean, draw a picture of Jesus?
Evan- No, make him so we can drive him.
Me- Do you mean, make Jesus on the Wii?
Evan- Yeah!!
Oh boy!! I sure love this kid!! I just don't know quite how to respond to this one!
Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful evening!
6 comments:
I don't have any experience in this except for watching other people with more than one child but I would say just make sure that while Kaylie is sleeping or otherwise being entertained that you take some time to sit with him and read him a story or sing to him or talk to him and make sure that he knows he is still your baby and that you love him. In addition to that while you are nursing or taking care of the baby you can have a baby doll (or bear or some sort of stuffed animal) for him to cuddle and pretend to feed and change and such. That way he doesn't feel left out.
I feel the same way. i am really stressed out. At least yo will be having your baby when the weather will be nice, and he can play outside. I will let you know how it goes with me. If you find out any great advice let me know. I hope everything is going well with you guys.
Oh Evan - ridiculous! What a kid. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!
It is kind of a sad passing of the torch from one baby (Dillon) to another (Kaylie). But Dillon can still be your baby in some ways! He's still got those cute little chubby cheeks to kiss :)
ok that wii exchange is awesome! i love that he wanted to make a Jesus character. :) you're doing something right, i think. so funny and cute!
and as far as the whole baby thing goes, i think you can still let him be your baby to some extent. I mean, you don't have to give up the cuddling and cutesy stuff like that. you can still do it. yes, you might have to juggle a bit, but it is possible. i don't know, laura. i obviously have no experience. james and i were less than two years apart. i'm not sure how my mom did it, but we turned out ok, i suppose. :)
You know Aspen was only 20 months when Jacob was born, and it was tough.(She asked me to take him back to the hospital and continually asked me to put him down)It took about the first 6 months until Aspen was old enough to find her nitch in all of it. I suspect it will be a bit rough at first (for Dillon, Evan is a pro by now), but things will settle in and everyone will find their place again. I imagine Dillon's free time will be filled more and more with his older, wiser brother and less with you. You will love watching that, and appreciate even more the sweet one-on-one moments/cuddle times you have.
Always remember to breath deeply-the time will move way too fast- and before you know it Dillon will be teaching her how to put her shoes on-and where big kids go potty. It is soooo fun, but a crazy ride.
Love you!
Post a Comment