Thursday, January 15, 2009

Martha Stewart, Eat Your Heart Out!


Okay...so not really, but I think it turned out pretty cute! My WONDERFUL new sister-in-law, Collette, celebrated her birthday this past week and we had a bit of a surprise party for her. My brother is SUPER busy and didn't have time to bake a cake, so I volunteered! I thought it would be fun to do something a little more creative than the regular old cake...and this is what I ended up with! I found the idea on line and I think it turned out pretty good! It's not any Heather Knight creation (her birthday cakes are amazing!) but I was quite pleased!
Evan was such a big help while I was making this cake and he was so proud!
P.S. I am really sorry about the month long gap between posts...I really have no good excuse, so I won't bother making one up! I'll just try to do better!

6 comments:

The Eldredge's said...

WOW!!! That looks great!! You are so talented!! I hope your pregnancy is going well! I miss you guys!! Thanks for your prayers!!

hknight said...

Your silly, my cakes aren't all that! I think your cake is awesome! Plus it looks delicious! Great, now I want cake! Thanks alot!

Deborah Luty Ellis (Debbie) said...

You can make my next cake! Wait, how about Kerry's BD cake next month? 59!

Freddy said...

Your NEW goal. Make the same cake for the Super Bowl but with a football or the Super Bowl Logo on it! Wahoo! That seems like a lot of work though.....nevermind. How about you just host it?! :)
Good job Laura and Evan!

Warden Family said...

Wow, that looks beautiful!

malia said...

this is way cute!!!! i love it!