Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Anyone for Sausage and Sauercrap?


I made sausage and sauerkraut for dinner the other night (one of Ben's favorite dishes that his mom used to make) and Evan asked what we were having. We told him sauerkraut and sausage and we made him try some. He was not at all fond of the sauerkraut...neither the taste nor the smell. After he tried a bite, he said, "I don't like this sauercrap." So I took the rest of it off his plate and then he said, "Now I can't even smell the sauercrap!" So from now on, at our house, sauerkraut will be called "sauercrap!"

4 comments:

The Eldredge's said...

That is WAY too CUTE!!! I love kids!!! I love the pic too!! We miss you guys tons!!

Ben and Darci said...

I can just imagine you guys chuckling a LOT over that one. Hope the party was fun, and sorry we couldn't come but hopefully it we will see you in a couple days!

malia said...

That is so funny! You are such a great mom to expose him to different things. Love it! :)

Deborah Luty Ellis (Debbie) said...

Ben, When you told me about the sauercrap, over the phone, I laughed so hard I had tears running down my face.

"Kids say the darndest things."