Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tag...I'm It!

I got tagged! (Thanks, Kristen. . . I think!) So, though my answers will be nowhere near as funny as Kristen's, here goes nothing!

What was I doing 10 years ago?

Ten years ago I was getting ready to graduate from High School!! I can't believe I am that old! I was dating Ben, acting in plays, singing in choir, and living a pretty much care-free life! I wasn't working (how nice was that!?) I was spending a lot of time with friends, "hanging out", sluffing classes (sorry mom!) to go get bread sticks at Chuck E. Cheese or to go to the mall (picture four teenagers sitting on the floor of a toy store at Christmas reading and singing along with a 101 Dalmatians sing along book...) Ahh, those were the days!

5 things on my list to do today...

1- Get Evan's hair cut
2- Call the DMV
3- Dishes
4- Vacuum
5- Laundry

(Wow, is my life thrilling!)

What snacks do I enjoy?

Pretty much anything. I just love food! Fresh fruit in the summer, home made ice cream, beef jerky, cotton candy, movie theatre popcorn, this list could go on forever!!! Foods I don't like might be easier; coconut, most sea food, sauerkraut...

What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire?

In no particular order; Get out of debt! Pay off the mortgages of my entire family. TRAVEL!! Europe, Bahamas, every state in the US, (just to say that I've been there). I would have a vacation home on each coast and one in Hawaii. I would get a boob job and laser off all the hair on my entire body, except my head. My kids would each have a college and mission fund. I would rent Disneyland for a day so that my family and close friends could have free run of the park without waiting in lines!! (Of course, I don't know how much Evan would actually like that. He wasn't so fond of Disneyland. I think we may have actually traumatized our child by taking him there!) I would build my dream home. Nothing too big, but something that I could custom design to have every feature that I have ever said, "It would be so nice if we had..."I would make a sizable donation to the church and to cancer research. There's so much you could do with a billion dollars, it's hard to put all of my desires into words.

5 Places I have lived...

1- Orem, UT
2- Alpine, UT
3- Hancock, NY
4- Pleasant Grove, UT
5- Springville, UT

(WOW! I get around!!)

5 Things people don't know about me...

1- I never graduated from college. I failed college algebra three times and that was the only class keeping me from my degree and I never went back to finish it.
2- I can't swim. I can do the dog paddle and tread water for about a minute, but I never had any swimming lessons and never learned how to really swim.
3- I can't go under water without plugging my nose...again, no swimming lessons and my mom always told us that if we got water up our nose we would drown...(her dad always told her that, she was just passing it a long!)
4-I am legally blind without my contacts or glasses. (Add Lasik to the list of things I would do with a billion dollars)
5-I can name all the Presidents of the USA in order by first and last names and middle initials!

3 Bad habits...

1-I get sucked into the computer. Ben calls me a blog-a-holic. Whenever I get on to check our blog, I can't get off until I have checked each persons blog on our friends and family list. And even some on their friends and family lists!
2- I pick at my skin. Any imperfection; pimple, ingrown hair, scab, you name it and it becomes an obsession for me...
3-I am a procrastinator...big time! Enough said!

So, that's me in a nut shell! I tag Mary, Debbie and Melinda Cowan.
Have fun ladies!!

4 comments:

The Eldredge's said...

Wow there were several things I didn't know about you!! Oh and Russell says the same thing to me about blogging I am always checking other people's blogs!! He calls it getting my blog fix!!

malia said...

That is so fun, Laura! I loved reading about all that good stuff! :) You are awesome and I miss you lots!

Diana Mildenstein said...

You are so cute Laura! I sure miss you and love you!
Isn't it funny how life changes when you are a mother?
Cool has a whole new definition! Thanks for sharing!

Ange said...

Laura! Whats up! I was so excited to see your comment! I haven't seen you forever, of course I remember you! Your boys are adorable, how old are they? How do you know Heather?