Saturday, April 26, 2008

One on One Time!


Evan and I went on our first mommy/son date yesterday! My best friend, Kristen, works with a youth group at Center Stage and they put on a production of the play "Wizard of Oz" and she invited Evan and I to come watch! The show was very well done, the choreography was great (way to go Kristen!!) and Dorothy was probably the cutest little girl I have ever seen! She stole the show! Evan sat in awe for the entire show! He didn't care much for the wicked witch (he would hunker down in his seat and plug his ears) but Kristen was able to sit by us during the show, so she could give us some forewarning as to when the witch would make her appearances!


After the show, I asked Evan what he liked best about it. His first response was "Glinda, because she's nice and pretty!" Then a minute later he said, "Mommy, what I liked best was the Lion's silly song!" Followed another minute later by, "I liked bestest when the witch turned over the hour glass and the sand fell!" This continued on for the duration of the evening with answers varying from "the silly giggling flowers" to "I liked bestest when the play was all done and we cheered for the people!" so I guess he liked the show!
After the play, we went to Arctic Circle for dinner (Evan's choice) and then headed home. About a block away from our house, Evan asked if we were almost home. I said that we were and he said, "Good. Then I can find Dillon and make him laugh!" I am so glad that he likes his little brother. I thought he would be so glad to get away from Dillon for a little bit, but I guess he missed him! I love my boys so much! I am grateful for the chance that I have to be their mom!

4 comments:

The Eldredge's said...

That is so fun!! It is so fun to watch how excited they get about new adventures!! I love all the little things Evan says he is so cute!! Love you guys!!

Jim Tiff and Kidlets said...

Laura, you are the cutest mom ever!!!! Isn't it so fun to experience those kinds of things through your children's eyes?

malia said...

Laura! That is the cutest! I love love love that you are doing this with your little family. Fun stuff.

Warden Family said...

What a great thing to do! Evan is one of a kind!

Love you guys! Hey I updated by blog (2 pages worth...almost ;) )