Ben and I took Kaylie (the boys stayed at Grandma Debbie's house) and went for one last camp out before the season was over! We went down to Ponderosa campground near Nephi, UT. The weather was very nice...a few spotty rain showers, but overall pretty good!
Kaylie was a perfect camper...she slept through the night both nights in her own private tent! We really enjoyed being together, away from all the hustle and bustle of every day life.
While we were there, we were visited by a few "friends";
A raccoon raided our campsite and attacked our garbage in the night. Ben saved the day and scared him off! While we were on a hike in the mountains, we stopped for a rest and a snake crawled over Kaylie's stomach (she was on a blanket in the grass.) She didn't even notice and just lay there, sucking her thumb! In the wee hours of the morning a bird (or a bat...not quite sure) flew up under our rain-fly and couldn't get out for a few seconds. Then, on Saturday afternoon while Kaylie was napping, Ben and I were playing a game at the table and the movement of something caught my eye. I got up and slowly approached where I saw the movement and this is what we found...
Yes folks, that is a tarantula, in the forest!! Oh, and the bright spot in the middle...that is the flash reflecting off of its eyes! Yeah, they were that big!
Other than that, the weekend was pretty uneventful!
2 comments:
I am a little freaked out by your visitors. I am glad you had a good time. Camping is such a good idea to do with just your husband. i haven't seen you forever. How are you guys?? Kaylie is so cute!
Wow you are brave!!! All those creepy crawlies are a little scary!! I love that picture of Kaylie in the camp chair. I have a picture of Kennadee sleeping in a camp chair almost in that same position! I'm glad you guys had fun!! Love & miss you guys!!
Post a Comment