
This morning our little fish Sneaker passed away. Last night he jumped out of his bowl and was laying on the hard, dry tile for I don't know how long. I put him back in his bowl as soon as I found him and he swam around for a while, but he didn't make it through the night. So this morning Evan, Dillon and I had a good chat about what happens when things die, and then we buried our little fish in the back garden. Evan was in tears and, I have to admit, so was I. We said a little prayer and decided that there was a little boy or girl in Heaven that needed a pet fish to help cheer them up! Evan made a sign to put by Sneakers "grave" that reads like this:
"Dear live Sneaker,
I hope you
have a good time
in Heaven"
I am grateful that I know what I know so I can help ease the hurting hearts of my sweet kids. Evan asked me if we were going to see Sneaker again and I am glad that I could say, with absolute surety, that we would.
7 comments:
Oh that is so sad!! You never think you can get so attached to a fish but it really happens. We used to have a 55 gallon fish tank with lots and lots of fish and I cried when almost every one of them died!! Kiss Evan for me and tell him I know how he feels! I love those teaching moments with our children!
Love & Miss you guys!!
How sad! But, yes they will see Sneaker again. Come on into the boat fishes, come on into the boat fish fish!
So sorry sneakers! Maybe there is another fish who needs friends, and maybe a bigger bowl!
I remember being a little girl, and when my mom wasn't watching reaching my hand in our fish tank and plucking out a fish and watching it flop around on the carpet. Then I put it back in...but it never recovered fully and died a few days later. I still feel bad about that.
Oh for the love of cute children and wonderful moms! You are the smartest mom ever. I love that you went the whole "child in heaven needing a fish" route. We have a water frog that is getting skinny and is apparently "on his way out," and I think I'm gonna go ahead use that one to help Kort feel better when he finally bites the big one.
We've already lost 2 froggies, and I cried both times as well. I'm always sad when we lose a pet - big or small.
oh how cute. i loved this story. so sorry about sneaker though. :(
but what a cute sign!
How sad. I loved the little lesson you were able to teach to your kids. I love the sign that Evan made too. So sweet!
Post a Comment