
Last night was...fun...eventful...strange...still not quite sure! Dillon woke up shortly after 3:00 in the morning and was crying, so I went down to their room to check on him. He seemed fine. No fever, nothing poking him, diaper was fine, so I tucked him back into his covers and went to leave and he started screaming. So I sat down by his bed and stroked his hair and his cheek. As long as I was sitting right by him, he was fine. If I even pretended like I was going to leave, he would cry! After about 15 minutes of this, I was literally falling asleep sitting up, so I came upstairs and Ben went down to spell me off. About 4:00 AM, he came upstairs followed shortly by Dillon. I pulled him into the bed by me where we snuggled for a few minutes and then he began to whisper about everything that he could see in our room (nice of him to whisper...but really!) This went on for another 15 or 20 minutes and then we saw Evan walk into the room. "Mommy, I have been waiting forever for morning to come!" Wow...are you kidding me? He was just kind of pouty, so Ben asked him if he wanted to go lay by daddy. So, in our bed was our entire family of four, plus my rapidly growing belly! I thought a queen size bed was plenty big...not for a whole family!! Anyway...about 5:00, Evan got up and went back down to their room on his own, so I encouraged Dillon to go back down too. I carried him back downstairs while listening to, "Don't want to, don't want to." I tucked him back into his bed, kissed his forehead and left the room...
Ahhh...
Sweet silence! I don't know if they actually went back to sleep, but at least they weren't crying or whining! I came back upstairs and passed out!
After thinking about the whole thing, I have realized something...As irritating as it was to spend a good portion of the wee hours of the morning missing out on some MUCH needed slumber...it's not very often that you get to have peaceful, whispered conversations with a toddler about the light from an alarm clock reflecting off of your glasses, or the eyes, ears and nose of his most beloved teddy bear. And it's not very often that my whole little family is all quietly resting within an arms reach of each other. So, I am grateful for my sleepless night...morning...whatever it was! I L.O.V.E. my family and am so thankful for the quiet moments of peaceful joy that my Heavenly Father blesses me with.
5 comments:
LAUDI! That was a cute blog! :)
I am soooooo glad that you are loving the little things in life. I don't have any kids or anything but sometimes when I am chillin' with Toby he will lay his face on my leg or arm and I just take a moment. :)
Aww that was so cute!! Sorry you lost sleep but what a special little moment!!
Laura,
Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed reading your comments.
Love,
Dad
I'm glad you write them down, as you will not remember all these wonderful moments.
Post a Comment