Monday, August 22, 2011

Evan's a First Grader!!

Evan had his first day of first grade today! His teacher is Mrs. Chatterley and he was so excited!

We had gone to his open house so he knew where his desk was and where to hang his back pack. He walked right in and was right at home! I was probably more nervous than he was! I did fine until I left, then I started to tear up as I walked back home without my big helper...He did great, but I did miss him at home.

This will take some adjusting, but I think only for me! Evan said when I picked him up, "That didn't take long at all!!"

Evan, we are so proud of you and your love of learning! We hope you always enjoy school as much as you do right now and that you'll always try to learn as much as you can. We know you will do great things in your life! We love you!

1 comment:

Ben and Darci said...

Hey guys! It's been a while. I have no good excuse like sick husband or pregnancy :) We would love to go hand out with you guys some where or have you over for dinner. Riley is in 1st grade too!