For those of you that don't know, my three year old is obsessed (and sometimes not in a good way) with all things laundry. For a couple of years now, he has loved to sit and watch the washing machine. It doesn't matter if it is a top loader or a front loader. Wherever we go, his first priority is to see if it is at all a possibility that he might be able to do some laundry whilst we are there!
Well, as of late, he has taken this obsession one step further. He will now sort the clothes into colors and whites. He loads them into the machine...by himself, puts the soap in...by himself, starts the washer, on the correct setting for whatever load he is doing...by himself, then proceeds to watch the entire cycle while sitting on a step stool. When the load is done, he will take the clothes out...by himself, put them in the dryer...by himself, then place a dryer sheet in the machine and start it...by himself. He even takes out my shirts to line dry them and remembers to clean the lint trap before starting the load.
Ben asked me this morning if I knew which baskets of clothes in the laundry room were clean and which were dirty. I said, "I don't know, didn't you wash them?" to which he replied, "No, I thought you did!" As it turns out, both baskets were full of clean clothes! Apparently we have a laundry fairy at our house...he is about three feet tall with blond hair, blue eyes and eyelashes to die for. Not like I didn't know it already, but I'm pretty sure I love this kid to pieces!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my goodness that is adorable!! I am super jealous because I HATE doing laundry!! LOL!! You can send him to my house any time and he can do laundry to his hearts content!! What a sweet boy!!
Oh my goodness that is the cutest thing ever!!! Sure wish I had a laundry fairy at my house. :)
Bring him on over!
That's MY grandson!!!
That is so dang funny. I've never heard of that obsession, but it's neat that he has the attention span to see a whole loads of laundry through from start to finish. What a cutie!
Post a Comment