Wednesday, January 12, 2011

California!

Way back in August...Yeah, yeah, I know I am great at updating the blog...Ben and I drove down to San Diego to attend our friend Erin's wedding. She is the only member in her family so she invited us to go to her sealing at the San Diego Temple and we were so honored to attend! Her sweet mom was so nice and let us stay for free with her at her time share so it was a relatively cheap vacation!

We did splurge and go to Knott's Berry Farm while we were there. (We found some really cheap tickets on line! Score!) It was a blast!

They had Dippin' Dots there...those are Ben's favorite treat and they are hard to find here! This was at the end of the day...and it was hot! We were both a little tired!


There was a ride there called Xcelerator...like Lagoon's Wicked on major steroids!! 0-80 mph in 2 seconds! The track goes up vertically at almost a 90 degree angle! That was by far our favorite ride there!

We were able to go to the beach after the wedding and reception.

We got to watch the sun set over the water and play (very briefly) in the ocean...which is not warm in case you weren't aware!

It was really good to get away for a while, just the two of us. Thank you SOOOOO much to both sets of Grandparents for sharing baby sitting responsibilities!!

1 comment:

The Eldredge's said...

Fun!! I love those little getaways! I'm glad you guys had fun! And I am glad to see a new post on here! Love you guys!!