Monday, January 28, 2008

A Sad Farewell

Last night our beloved prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley returned to our Heavenly Father where I am sure he received the warmest of welcomes! I felt very strongly that I needed to express my love for this man and my gratitude for the Gospel that has blessed my life in so many, many ways. I have loved listening to the beautiful words of President Hinckley over the past several years. He had such a way of reaching the hearts of everyone listening. He touched mine on many different occasions. I am so grateful for the knowledge that there is a life after this one, where President Hinckley is now reunited with his beautiful wife and those who have passed before him. I feel so lucky to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and to have the knowledge that I too can return to our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ if I live worthily to do so. I will always strive to do so. President Hinckley will be dearly missed, but will live on in our hearts and I will always remember him fondly.

2 comments:

Ben and Darci said...

I got chills when I saw his picture. Last night when I heard, initially I felt sad, but my overriding emotion is that of happiness for him! He was/is the most wonderful person.

The Eldredge's said...

I was shocked to hear that he had passed away and then I remembered that last conference he had said something about not being around much longer. He was a great man and a true prophet!!