Monday, November 5, 2007

Happy Halloween!!

This Halloween was great! We actually celebrated it multiple times, which was awesome for Evan (3 times the candy)! This year Ben and I decided that we needed to dress up too, so we went with a family/group themed costume. With three boys, one girl and a dog in our family we had to go with the Wizard of Oz! It was awesome! I had so much fun putting the costumes together. I even sewed the dress from scratch! (That's a miracle for me!) The first party was at my parent's home in Alpine with the Crandall extended family. Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures there, but we had a ton of fun laughing and playing "Snake-in-the-Grass." Then the next day we had an Ellis family party here at our house. Great food, excellent company, more laughing and playing and the highlight of the evening for the kids (and a few of the adults!) was the pinata or "pyetan piata" (pronounced pie-eh-tun pee-ah-ta) as Evan called it! You were promptly corrected if you called it a pinata!
A giant "Thank You!" to all who came, we had such a blast! For those who weren't able to come, we hope to see you next year! Halloween itself was also very fun! My parents came over to our house for dinner and games. They were kind enough to baby-sit our house and answer the door while Ben and I took the little boys out Trick-or-Treating! (We were kind of a package costume, it made more sense when we were all together!) After a long night of walking and playing, we were all a little tired and all agreed that there truly is "No place like home!"

6 comments:

hknight said...

You guys look really good! The dress looks very good, I'm oh so proud of you for sewing that from stratch! I'm glad you guys had a Happy Halloween!

Kerry Ellis said...

Thanks so much for all your efforts to help everyone have a fun Halloween. The picture of the four of you in your costumes is terrific. Little Dillon is so cute in his lion outfit.

The Eldredge's said...

You did awesome with your costumes!!! That was a great idea to do the Wizard of Oz!! We are here in Utah right now packing like crazy for Diana I would love to have you come visit (and maybe help?) We are trying to get it all done by Thursday. I will try to call you but it has been hecitic!! Love ya and hope to see you soon!!

Warden Family said...

That was absolutely awesome! What a great time it was. Thanx so much for doing that, and you guys really did look fabulous!

malia said...

OH my goodness! You have the cutest little outfits! Good job, Laura on pulling them together. I love it. And how fun that you had multiple celebrations! That is awesome!

Jim Tiff and Kidlets said...

Love the family halloween pic!!! We love you guys and are so thankful to have you as family and Friends!!